Anybody know?

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Josh 6 months ago.

• Author

SSpyros

Hiya, just a quick question that always confused me. does anybody know the reason that doctors don’t have a precidure as to where they just loosen the skin? like they can circumcise and they even have the ability to switch genders . why can’t they simply fix the phimosis?
    thank you

• #40529 Reply

marsilarsi
    Keymaster

Loosen skin will take time and effort. There is no magical device that you can use and it will fix your phimosis in one sitting. Also money is a factor, they simply get more cash by doing a surgery because a surgery is not something any GP could do.

They’re liars, it is as simple as that. Sorry for having such a drastically view.

• #40530 Reply

SSpyros

I just feel they’re all lying. now i get it takes a while but i’m sure they could like rip it then let it regrow like when they want to stretch out a deformed leg. i feel they could figure it out but as you said they don’t want too cause of money.

• #40532 Reply

Patrick

I don’t think they are looking for new ways because circumcision is a quick fix.

• #40538 Reply

Jim

In the US, an adult circumcison costs $1500-2500. That’s a lot of money for 1/2 hr to one hr of work. An average 15 min visit runs about $70, of which Medicare or most insurance plans will pay $15. If you were the doctor with a brand new Porsche, which would you recommend?

• #40551 Reply

SSpyeoa

But the Uk with NHS?

• #40552 Reply

Jim

In UK, it’s conditioning and ignorance. Most doctors don’t believe anything beyond what they were taught in medical school.

In addition, socialized medicine has created assembly line treatment. You are just another item on the assembly line which must be moved along. The fastest way to get you out of the way is to circumcise you.

• #40700 Reply

Josh

There is a procedure that loosens a tight foreskin, it is known as a preputioplasty. However, this procedure can yield inconsistent results and can often make it worse due to scarring, leaving the foreskin tighter than before.

Ideally, gradually stretching the phimotic ring with a steroid cream such as betamethasone is advisable before opting for surgery.

As a UK citizen who has seen doctors and Urologists on the NHS about my own phimosis and frenulum breve, I have never been recommended a circumcision (perhaps because my case isn’t pinhole – I can retract when flaccid, but not erect).

The Urologist I spoke to recently at Guy’s hospital in London (where I live), explained to me that he is very “pro-conservation of the foreskin” and instead recommended a frenuloplasty to me (the op that I went to the Urologist to request in the first place). To-circumcise-or-not is a debate amongst surgeons because, although drastic, it is a one-procedure-cures-all op. Because it is so widespread and so often done, there is little motivation in medical circles to perform alternatives that may cure peoples personal conditions without the need for full removal of the foreskin.

I agree with Jim

• #40746 Reply

Bucky

Most cases of phimosis can be fixed by manual stretching.   Circumcision is an extreme, radical procedure that damages the penis, so it is not warranted in most cases.

Here is the NHS information:

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/circumcision-in-men/

Reply To: Anybody know?
Your information:

− 2 = 1

Cancel