Do I have phimosis? (14)

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      _yeslime

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Hey there. All of my life, my foreskin hasn’t been able to fully retract, I’ve never seen what’s under there. I just said to myself over and over, it’s normal, everyone’s like this (I’ve obviously never seen a penis of another 14 year old guy). I heard about phimosis on the internet, and I’m getting pretty worried about all of these horror stories about what happens if you never clean under your foreskin. I really can’t get a circumcision and I don’t have the courage to go to the doctor: I can half stretch my foreskin but not fully, erect or flaccid. Do I have phimosis? Is this normal? Please help :)</p>

• #44944 Reply
      Intactguy78

First off stop extrapolating others experiences to your situation. If you haven’t washed the glans in 14 years and you are healthy then nothing to worry. Also consider the penis is a self cleansing organ. Now phimosis is defined as scarring and thickening of the foreskin, meaning it narrows instead of wideing and retracting. Is your foreskin opening completely shut?

Gotta say if you go to a doctor i can bet money that they will recommend cutting… an circumcision isn’t a fix but an irreversibly harmful procedure actually, you lose more than you gain with it.

Doctors though can prescribe ointments that losen up foreskin and along with stretching techniques you will be able to widen the opening and retract fully eventually. But takes time at dedication. Also consider you are just out of puberty and still growing. Some men don’t seek any treatment until they are in their 30s and have normal sexual lives and children too. Don’t think of phimosis as a disability but a condition only if it causes issues.

Not sure if ok to ask for pics cause you are under 18. But maybe describe how far foreskin retracts when flacid and erect.

• #44949 Reply
      _yeslime
      1. Hey Intactguy78. Thank you so much for your response, been waiting ages for this haha. I will try and expand about my situation as much as possible, I’ll send pictures if I have to. When erect and I try to pull the foreskin over the glans, like every guy is in videos, it gets so incredibly tight three quarters down, like there’s no more foreskin to pull down, its fully stretched. I try to get it over the base of the glans but it just doesn’t pull any further. On of the things I notice when I try to do this is the attaching thing at the back (called a frenulum I think?) goes so red and like it’s restricting it. When flaccid, it’s kind of the same. I can’t stretch it far at all until the foreskin is fully tightened and can’t pull any more, since it starts to hurt.

I learned to masturbate myself a few years ago by swirling my thumb around the tip of the glans against my foreskin, I thought this was normal. That could have been the cause of this?

Also I am so sorry haha, I really cant describe this well, I should probably send photos

• #44950 Reply
      _yeslime

When I try to stretch it when flaccid, when I go the furthest i can, the foreskin like dips in and then back out again, kinda folding. It’s weird, I don’t know where the bottom of the glans is, it’s just like there’s not enough foreskin to reach there

• #44951 Reply
      _yeslime

is this normal? Do guys my age just normally retract the foreskin?

• #44952 Reply
      Intactguy78

No problem. Now to understand the “issue” let’s explain how the penis develops. We are born with a “non retractile” foreskin (which misleading literature calls “congenital phimosis”). The elephant trunk like shape of the foreskin protects us at birth and infancy since glans are most vulnerable then. As we grow the foreskin detaches and opening widens as well. Now there is no definite age when this has to happen, yet many doctors believe that boys must be retractile by age 2. But it can take up to puberty and even late teens. Now it is hard to distinguish non retractile vs phimosis since the condition is often misconstrued at an early age. Now why does foreskin stay attached longer in some than others? The statistics say only about 1 percent of boys will develop phimosis and the causes depend on the individual. Lack of erections, gentle retraction as boys (something parents should oversee), and the way you masturbate are a few factors why foreskin stays attached to glans.

I believe at this stage of life you have a mild degree of phimosis, but there is nothing to worry. You can try stretching exercises that can gradually loosen up the foreskin. And you still have another 7 years of growth left, so the frenulum will also stretch along with foreskin. Try to start by masturbating gently with foreskin gliding up and down starting from the tip, that has improved phimosis in teenagers. But always remember to stop anything that hurts.

I was a playful boy since I was like 8 so I don’t recall any issues growing up, except for the fact foreskin was not as loose as it is now. I am 41, reside in USA. What about you?

• #44960 Reply
      _yeslime

I come from the UK, thank you so much for your response. I will take on what you said, this has definitely reassured me haha

• #44978 Reply
      Lad82

Hi, I’ve had no problem with my foreskin before but recently I havent been able to pull it down past my bellend without pain I dont know what to do and am to worried about going to a doctor any help? Could this be anything to do with having sex for the first time ? (15) btw

• #44981 Reply
      Jim

<p style=”text-align: center;”>Lad82, sounds like a yeast problem. Yes, it could be from sex if you weren’t protected. Apply Clotrimazole twice daily for ten days to see if that helps.</p>

• #44982 Reply
      Intactguy78

@Lad82 phimosis doesn’t appear overnight but an infection will cause issues for sure. Follow Jim’s suggestion. Did you have intercourse unprotected for the first time?

Viewing 9 reply threads
Reply To: Do I have phimosis? (14)
Your information:

− 4 = 2