Essential Video: understanding phimotic ring when stretching

Home Forums Phimosis, Frenulum breve, Circumcision, Foreskin retraction Essential Video: understanding phimotic ring when stretching

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Jim 11 months ago.

• Author

sam
    Keymaster

An important video describing the phimotic ring/ridged band and how it can be miss-leading when stretching.

If you have any questions about this video, please use the comments feature in youtube.

• This topic was modified 11 months ago by  sam.
  • #25996 Reply

RK

FYI, your doctor can prescribe an ointment with betamethasone that you apply and it will loosen the ring so that you can pull your foreskin back naturally and without pain. The ointment gets rid of the ring that causes phimosis. If there is an infection, there are mixtures of the ointment that come with antibiotics. Please don’t use this product because you are essentially creating more scar tissue that WILL NOT allow the foreskin to stretch naturally. Google it for more info. Hope this helps

• #26227 Reply

Jim

Betamethasone can be formulated to include Clotrimazole, a yeast inhibitor.  Antibiotics are generally not used.

• #26018 Reply

sam
    Keymaster

I am aware of betamethasone and have used it in the past. I think it is helpful, but I am uncertain if it will fix a tight phimotic ring without some stretching.

• #26228 Reply

Jim

It is the stretching which brings success, not the steroid.  The betamethasone is used only as a tool to make the job a bit easier.

Reply To: Essential Video: understanding phimotic ring when stretching
Your information:

+ 87 = 94

Cancel