My 8 year old son has been diagnosed with BXO.

Home Forums Phimosis, Frenulum breve, Circumcision, Foreskin retraction My 8 year old son has been diagnosed with BXO.

This topic contains 15 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Ashwintwin 3 weeks, 2 days ago.

• Author

Ruta

My son has been diagnosed since the age of 5 with phimosis, tight phimosis and now BXO. We’ve seen 3 urologists and they all recommend circumcision, however the current urologist says if there’s no infection and he’s peeing then there’s no need to rush into circumcision right now. He’c concerned about the white part becoming hardened underneath his foreskin and causing problems, he says it’s basically dry skin. He wrote a prescription for Hydrocortisone Cream 1% . And we have to follow up in 2 mos.I always thought Hydrocortisone was for some type of skin itching condition.

• #38418 Reply

Jim
  • #38417 Reply

Jim

https://emedicine.medscape.com/article/1074054-medication.

He needs something potent. Caution must be used by applying scant amounts only to the affected srea.

• #38436 Reply

Stephen

A good radio show on the general topic of circumcision, start at 29 min 55sec. http://www.scienceforthepeople.ca/episodes/circumcision-rebroadcast

• #40011 Reply

Ruta

Thank you Stephen!

• #38458 Reply

Bucky

Non-retractile foreskin (sometimes called phimosis) is not a disease.  It is a condition and is normal in childhood.  A diagnosis is inappropriate because it is not a disease.

Treatment with cortisone is a recognized conservative treatment for BXO.

You are to be commended for protecting your son’s foreskin.

• #40009 Reply

Ruta

Thank you Bucky

• #40319 Reply

Jim

There are many formulations of cortisones, most of which would be worthless in treatment of BXO.

• #40318 Reply

Ashwintwin

I had mild bxo and I was able to mostly get rid of it with wiping diligently after peeing, avoiding irritation and coconut oil. It took several months for it to clear up but its possible to cure if you catch it early.

• #40323 Reply

Ruta

Greetings Ashwintwin, how did you use coconut oil ?

• #40335 Reply

Ashwintwin

I applied it in the morning to my foreskin. Its especially important to apply it to the skin that makes contact with urine. What the oil does is create a barrier between urine and skin and also fight back against microbes such as yeast which may irritate the skin. In my opinion the most important thing is to keep the urine off the foreskin.

• #40337 Reply

Ruta

Many Thanks Ashwintwin,

I will begin this routine ASAP!

• #40824 Reply

Ruta

Update: Ashwintwin, I researched a little further regarding the coconut oil, it was like looking for a needle in a haystack, but I found it. I found that taking a teaspoon of organic cold pressed coconut oil 2x daily in addition to applying warm coconut oil (preferably at room temperature once it liquidifies) and allowing my son to massage it on his penis has worked wonders! His pee hole appears much bigger not a pinhole like before , his stream seems to be faster when he pees and the white band seems to be not as pronounce as it once were. We’ve been using this routine almost 1 month and will continue to do so . I’m excited to see continued results. Ashwintwin many many thanks for sharing your experience. I feel more confident that circumcision will and can be avoided as we continue this path. Last but not least, many many thanks to the creator(s) of this forum. You have been a beacon of light for my son and I as we travel this journey of remaining intact. Thank you. Ruta & Son

• #40847 Reply

Ashwintwin

Hi Ruta. I’m very glad to hear the positive progress for your son! I wish you the best of luck!

• #40823 Reply

Wilson

I had yeast infection for many years but I hadn’t noticed it because of phimosis. Now I can completely pull back the foreskin. Will coconut oil cure my yeast infection??

• #40848 Reply

Ashwintwin

Hi Wilson. It has been known to cure yeast infections. Try it for a week and see if it works for you. If not you might have to get an anti-fungal cream which are available without prescription in pharmacies.

Reply To: My 8 year old son has been diagnosed with BXO.
Your information: