Stretching Setback

This topic contains 4 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Jazercise 3 months, 2 weeks ago.

• Author

Jack

Hi there,

I’m 30 years old, recently went to a urologist for the first time about my phimosis, after learning I had it about a year and a half ago. It took a lot to build up the courage to go, and indeed post here.

I had been stretching myself, mostly intermittently, and to some small degree of success. I was able to fully retract my foreskin when flaccid, although not a chance when erect.

After being prescribed 0.1% Betamethasone, I renewed my stretching regimen with rigor, and perhaps a bit too much enthusiasm.

I started experiencing a lot of pain, and probably forced a few stretches I shouldn’t. Now I can’t retract past my glans, and I have this tight white ring about on the edge of my foreskin. It has been two days since I have tried to retract it in the shower and have just decided to let it go.

I have been using Phimocure, Q-tips and forceps to stretch.

Seriously worried I have done more bad than good, and that I might not be able to return from here and am feeling pretty disheartened.

I will include a picture as well.

Appreciate any and all feedback.

https://imgur.com/zXGxL8G

• #38437 Reply

Jazercize

It could be early stage BXO. Looks vaguely similar to mine, but mine is not so red below the phimotic ring, which has clearly shrunk here. I would proceed with great caution. You need to leave it alone because BXO introduces scarring, creating a vicious cycle. I would recommend going to see a dermatologist to rule out BXO before continuing to stretch.

• #38448 Reply

Jack

Can you get BXO simply from stretching?

• #38450 Reply

Jim

No, BXO doesn’t come from stretching. Sounds like yeast, a complication from using Betamethasone. Be sure the steroid is used sparingly only on the frenar band which is just inside the foreskin opening. Apply Clotrimazole twice per day to all parts of the penis.

• #38451 Reply

Jazercise

BXO is not caused by anything you do. Scientists don’t know what its origins are, but it just occurs randomly in some men. I’m not saying you definitely have it, only that your issue looks somewhat similar to mine, where a urologist gave a preliminary diagnosis of inactive BXO, thus I think you should see a dermatologist to rule it out before continuing with the stretching.

Reply To: Stretching Setback
Your information: