Which type of Clotrimazole Cream?

Home Forums Phimosis, Frenulum breve, Circumcision, Foreskin retraction Which type of Clotrimazole Cream?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Hunter 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

  • Author
  • #44514 Reply


    Hey, I think im in need of some anti-fungal cream to rule out yeast infection from foreskin. It’s reddened at the end lately and surrounding skin is notably paler/slightly dry looking.


    I have a pharmacy a short walk away, but I’m unsure what kind I should be buying? I noticed Canesten on their website, 2 types include the active Clotrimazole, but one is specified for internal use and 1-time only (specified for vaginal thrush). The other is cheaper and 1% for athlete’s foot.

    Do I shoot for the cheaper one here, or is that not recommended for internal use? It’s not a matter of money, but I wonder if the internal 1-time use isn’t recommended, as most people here seem to recommend using it multiple times to treat.

    I have a prescription I can pick up this week so if anyone can get back with a pretty defining answer I’d appreciate any input, might shave some embarrassment away if I can just pick it up alongside!

  • #44517 Reply


    I used the cream but it wasn’t going away so I got a pill and it took a few days but cleared. Everyone is different though.

  • #44521 Reply


    Makes sense, can you recall the type of cream? I’m just wondering if its advised to put on basic athlete’s foot-styled cream into the opening of the foreskin is all.

    It looks outside than whatever might be affected within, but I still need to apply it all over before trying other methods

Reply To: Which type of Clotrimazole Cream?
Your information:

14 + = 15